When you have been training hard, it’s of upmost importance that you get a credible amount of protein into your diet to assist your muscles in their growth and repair.
If you have decided to buy a whey protein powder to assist you in this mission, then you must lend some of it to making a delicious stack of pancakes!!
Here at Peach Band we’ve been known to have this as breakfast regularly, as well as lunch dinner or just a snack. WE LOVE PANCAKES.
- Coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (we recommend Vanilla, but frankly any flavour goes, vegan protein powders can also be used)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 20g oats
- Frying pan
- Crack 1 egg, 1 chopped banana, 1 scoop whey, 1 tbsp chia seeds and 20g oats into the blender
- Heat up the frying pan, after having rubbed coconut oil all over it evenly (don’t use it all at the beginning as you will want to rub a little more in on between pancakes)
- Using a spoon or a ladle, spoon some of the pancake batter into small rounds on the frying pan
- Cook for 30 seconds before ‘testing’ the edges with a rubber spatula – if they seem to have firmed and it moves as a whole pancake when you shake the pan, it’s time to flip!
- Using the spatula, gentle flip your pancakes and cook on the other side for no more than 1 minute
We recommend topping with one of the below combinations:
- Peanut butter, banana and crushed almonds
- Strawberries, quark and honey
- Raspberries, quark and Peanut butter
- Blueberries, desiccated coconut and greek yogurt